Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Finally feeling Spring.

Spring is sprung (a month ago, in fact).

And yes, the grass is definitely riz. The sore eyes and sneezes can vouch for that. The little bird that comes every year to perch by the tractor mirror and sing its little heart out to itself is here again. There’s even a touch of warmth in the air when the persistent rain we’ve had this year (not complaining, just saying) eases off enough to let the sun peak through. It’s my favourite time of year.

Unfortunately, it’s also that time of the year when everything starts to rev up. Signs start coming out announcing the number of days to Christmas, shops stock up with tinsel and Christmas cards (they already have. It’s sad). At work, everything is geared towards the end-of-the-year Presentation Night, reporting and final assembly. Eldest will be into his University exams and then panicking about getting ready for his overseas trip just after Christmas. Sausage has her music exams (if her broken wrist doesn’t mean putting it off until next year). It’s all go.

It’s now when I need to reread my Eckardt Tolle books and learn to ‘make friends with this moment’, because this moment is actually pretty good. There are magpies singing over near the road, a dove cooing on the gutter above my window. Our new cat is lying in the sunshine near me, licking herself without a care in the world.  I have a lot of things to do, but I’ll get them done, one at a time. I’m on holiday from work. The sun’s shining. It’s spring. ‘Tis good.



No comments: